Whether providing litigation support to attorneys and insurance companies, assisting foreign medical ventures wishing to access the United States market, or advising overseas medical organizations seeking accreditation from or collaboration with international or US-based healthcare systems, Aviva Healthcare Solutions will guide your organization through these complex processes.
Under the direction of Thomas Bojko MD, MS, JD – whose more than 20 years of healthcare experience have taken him to Italy, Israel, Poland, Haiti, and the United States – Aviva Healthcare Solutions supports organizations navigating the complexities of the international healthcare market.
Providing expert testimony to plaintiff and defense attorneys.
At Aviva, our unique combination of medical and legal expertise enables us to provide litigation support to hospital in-house counsel, plaintiff and defense attorneys and insurance companies across a full spectrum of medical cases. In addition to medical malpractice cases, we’ve handled a variety of issues from employment discrimination and billing disputes to HIPAA violations and sexual assault cases.
Aviva’s extensive network allows us to provide specialized clinical experts for the most complicated and detailed cases. Unlike many litigation support firms, our team has the ability to pinpoint an expert well versed in the nuances of each specific case in healthcare related cases.
Aviva Healthcare Solutions expert faculty includes board certified physicians, nurses, and other clinicians in all fields of medicine, some of which include:
Our sister company, Hospital EXPERTS™, is the leading authority on hospital corporate negligence. Our team of experts in healthcare administration have experience in all facets of hospital operations and are skilled in case analysis and courtroom testimony for both the plaintiff and defense.
Gaining trust and reputation through accreditation.
Accreditation by reputable agencies ensures that healthcare institutions have the proper policies and procedures in place to establish a safe, efficient working environment while maximizing patient outcomes. As the global healthcare industry develops, many organizations are seeking to improve their standard of care and reputation by seeking such accreditation.
While there are numerous accreditation agencies, The Joint Commission (TJC) is the standard bearer for accreditation of healthcare institutions, having accredited over 21,000 institutions in the United States. TJC’s international branch, the Joint Commission International (JCI), is a rapidly expanding regulatory body, operating in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and South America.
Having directed TJC accredited hospitals, Aviva’s experts fully understand the rigorous requirements of TJC and similar organizations, adeptly guiding healthcare institutions through the accreditation process in a step-by-step manner.
Strategic Branding & Partnerships
Building relationships, expanding opportunities.
Our services don’t stop at accreditation. We’ll advise your healthcare organization on branding strategies, enabling the institution to stand out above the competition, resulting in increased business and a positive reputation. Our areas of expertise include:
- Developing partnerships and co-branding opportunities for foreign entities with prestigious US-based healthcare systems like Johns Hopkins, Weill Cornell, and similar established institutions.
- Establishing brand identity and enhancing credibility.
- Increasing physician and community awareness of the hospital or medical center while establishing the entity as a major medical center.
- Increasing physician and community selection of entity as the provider of choice for the delivery of medical treatment.
- Expanding recognition of the entity among key audiences in medical care.
Global Healthcare Market
Crossing borders, improving healthcare.
Entering the United States market can be an overwhelming task for individuals or entities seeking to bring their expertise or product from another country. Established global companies often times have a cutting edge product or service that would thrive in the United States, but find the regulatory and environmental hurdles too daunting to attempt.
At Aviva, we counsel individuals and corporations on how to seamlessly enter the U.S. market. From ensuring FDA standards are met to funding expansion by pairing the entity with interested investors, we help organizations establish a footprint in the lucrative United States market.
Thomas Bojko, MD, MS, JD, FCLM
Dr. Bojko’s more than 20 years in the healthcare industry have taken him to Italy, Israel, Poland, Haiti, and the United States. Dr. Bojko has experience in both clinical and administrative aspects of hospital operations, holding such titles as Executive Director, Director of Medical Services and Clinical Operations, and Director of Critical Care Medicine, among others.
During his tenure at Bristol-Meyers Squibb Children’s Hospital/Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Dr. Bojko had the opportunity to develop and implement new, cutting edge clinical programs in pediatric care previously unavailable in New Jersey. His success was nationally recognized and in 2009 Dr. Bojko was asked to serve on the board of the National Association of Children’s Hospitals.
Dr. Bojko’s clinical and administrative experience, combined with his law degree, gives him a diverse background perfectly suited to providing litigation support in healthcare-related legal matters.
Education, certification, and affiliations:
- MD University of Rome “La Sapienza”
- Rotating Internship, Chaim Sheba Medical Center/Sackler School of Medicine of Tel Aviv University
- Pediatric Residency, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center/University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship, The New York Hospital - Cornell University Medical College
- MS Healthcare Administration, Management and Policy, New York University
- JD Rutgers University School of Law
- Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics, sub-board of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York and New Jersey
- Licensed to practice law in New Jersey
- Fellow of the American College of Legal Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
We look forward to speaking with you about your project. To contact an Aviva Healthcare Solutions representative please use one of the following options:
Aviva Healthcare Solutions
98 Golden Eye Lane
Port Monmouth, NJ 07758